Sunday, May 12, 2013

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY....:( :D

For the last week and a half, I have actively been trying to forget that today is what it is. But when I woke up this morning and saw everyone posting similar statuses or tweets, it finally hit me that I cannot ignore this no more that I can just stop breathing. This day is both sour and sweet for me, and somehow I lost touch of the sweet and decided to forget it because of the sour. I lost my mother as most may know, so Mother's day is not a very good day for me. It is actually strange how much my heart still aches after all this time, but it does.

However, today I decided to speak to the women who have been a mother to me when I needed it most, and who most likely will continue to do so.

My Aunts: Donna and Helen Daley, these women have been there for me, doing things a mother and father are required to do. They have provided for me, given me advice and have given me so much to be grateful for. I love you both and to you I say, 'HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY'!

My Grandmother: one of the greatest gifts God has given me. When I was young and even now, we had ups and downs and I never realised at the time how blessed I was, but I know now, and I am so glad that she is still here in my life.

Kameil: She may be my cousin, but she has been there. She has also been my adviser, she has been my protector and she has taught me many things. Added to that she is a mother (lol).


All these women in my life and I love them so. Of course there are others who have aided my growth, and I thank them as well. I will never forget my mother, even when her voice seems to fade from my memory, but I am more than grateful to the Heavenly Father for the persons he has strategically placed in my life to cushion the blow of losing someone so special.

So today I will try to smile through the aches and pains, for I am blessed and highly favoured.




No comments:

Post a Comment