Monday, March 3, 2014

A Moment in Time...March 3

Sooo...where I work currently is not exactly the most ideal environment. Some of this is because of people who feel valued and important when they are able to boss other people around.  On the other hand it doesn't help that some of the employees fail to behave like the adults they should be.

So what you find happening is that the 'Leaders' will be a bit much when enforcing some things.

Here is the moment...

My friend, who remains unnamed, is close to the end of her shift but she is not logged into a new application we should all be using.  An acting team leader notices this and asks her to log in. She knows it's pointless but says okay. I will but not until you leave. With the 'massa' mentality she decides she is not moving. This does not shake my newly liberated friend and stirs in others the courage to speak of the irrelevance of logging into this system.

All in all, my friend did not falter. The acting left and she logged in as she promised. I share this moment not only because it was hilarious to me, but it was a needed act of defiance. It strikes me that when the known opportunity of 'getting out' arises, we gain a confidence and sense of mental freedom that is imperative. We are no longer moving in fear of what may happen because we know the decision we have made.

So I say, all power to you my friend and I wish you all the best in your endeavors. I wish you greatness and prosperity. Do it for you!

Advice & Beyond
@Looking_Within

No comments:

Post a Comment