Saturday, March 15, 2014

March 12… Someone who inspires you

March 12… Someone who inspires you

There are a number of persons who inspire me, but I will speak on two of those persons right now. They are my sisters Nahalia Munda and Jemelia Munda.


“For there is no friend like a sister
In calm or stormy weather; 
To cheer one on the tedious way, 
To fetch one if one goes astray,
To lift one if one totters down, 
To strengthen whilst one stands” 
 
Christina Rossetti, Goblin Market and Other Poems

They inspire me in a way I didn’t realize they could. Let me give you a little background…

My sisters lost their mother, just as I did, but they were younger than I was and I would say felt it a little bit differently from me because they spent a lot of time with my mom. It was a difficult time, and I was not there for them as much as I should have been to be honest. But I remember the day of the funeral and the hurt that washed over them…it was a lot!

About 2 or 3 years later, my sisters lost their father. Now this was particularly hard for me to grasp so I can only imagine the hurt they must have felt to lose both parents. I had my own struggles but this was a lot for anyone to handle. They then fell into this place of being dependent on others to care for them, when at times it seemed as if these persons did not want to be left with this burden. This I know very little about, because ever since I was a child, my father’s mother has been taking care of me. She may have complained here and there, but never did she send me away. We all had our fair share of trials and tribulations, but for them, they did not get the full support and love they should have.

But guess what, they have been surviving and striving in different ways. I am inspired by Jemelia’s determination and strength. Yes she has made some decisions I am not happy with, and she has been delaying in areas I know she should not be. But guess what, she has a job and she has been trying to do her best to make a better life for herself. She has been trying to not be defined by the things that she has experienced, but rather to be better because of them. I love her kindness and caring soul. She feels a bit more, and expresses herself openly and this is a characteristic many people pray to have. I wish her all the best. I wish her love and happiness. I hope she is able to get a stable life and to not be haunted by the sadness of loss. She will rise, I know this because I see a light in her and that is what she needs.

Then there is my sweetheart Nahalia, who has a sense of discipline I wish I did when I was going to school. I honestly don’t know if it is her way of dealing with the situations she has faced, but I know that she is determined to be more. This inspires me to also want to be more and to fight for it. She has taken a lot of crap that she should not have, but I admire her respectful manner and her spirit. She is a wonderful soul and I know she is destined for greatness. She is intelligent and focused. She inspires me to go for my masters and make a better life for myself. She is much like me in many ways, and I am not sure if that is the reason I connect with her, but I wish I was there more for both of them.

These girls are a gift from Heaven, and despite their mistakes and flaws, I know our mother is looking down and she is so proud of the ladies they are becoming. I pray to God I will be able to play an important role in their lives because we have each other and that matters greatly. I love them soo much and I am blessed to say they are my two beautiful and fabulous sisters.

Advice & Beyond
@Looking_Within


No comments:

Post a Comment