Sunday, February 23, 2014

FEB 2014 Writing Challenge - Day 20

How I imagined my 20s vs Reality...

When I was younger, I had big dreams for myself, I still do but I am a little bit more realistic.

I always imagined I'd be engaged by 22 or 23 yrs old and have my first child by about 25yrs. This is honestly because one of my biggest dreams is a family of my own. I have faith that this will happen in my twenties, but I am not sure they are going to happen on those exact years.

I also imagined I'd be having way more fun, and that I would be in a job I love. Reality is, I am too tired and broke to have a lot of fun. I think I have a decent amount of fun, I don't believe I hang out with my friends enough and I hope to change that as time goes by.

Really, my twenties have been great! Not what I imagined but it is much to be grateful for and I hope it gets better and better. I have a boyfriend of almost 4 years, I have good friends, I have a job, I am learning about responsibilities and soon how to cook. 

So yes, it may not be as great as my fairytale fantasies, but my reality is pretty awesome.



Advice & Beyond
@Looking_Within

No comments:

Post a Comment