Thursday, February 6, 2014

FEB 2014 Writing Challenge - Day 6

Embarrassing moment...

I have so many I can't decide which is appropriate.  Lol but here it goes.

I was in first form at Wolmer's Trust High School for girls and it was right in the middle of a political election. We had to leave school early because of civil unrest so every one was pretty much on edge.

Our school chartered buses to carry us in specific general directions,  good for me there was a bus going to Duhaney Park. So a few of my friends and I hurried and made our way to the bus. I had my dictionary in my hand and o remember my friend telling me to put it in my bag but I just brushed her off.

The bus turned out to be packed and so we had to stand. My crush was on the bus though so I didn't mind much standing close to him. We were waiting for a while though and my friends started to say 'funny' things about my crush, honestly I was torn between laughing and ignoring them. He could actually hear what they were saying but I didn't want to seem 'uncool'.

Anywho, my dictionary started to become a problem because couldn't hold on properly.  So I decided to put it in my bag and right at that moment, the bus started to move.

I fell. Flat on the ground, bag half open and my book in my hand. He was staring right at me, laughing along with everyone else on the bus.

Now know this, Jamaican children cab be mean and they love to jeer each other, I feel (pun intended) into a trap that had me teased for months.

I have other moments, like the time a friend dared me to put my school socks on my hand and hair, then dance where the 4th form boys could see me. But I won't share the full details of that.

Thanks for reading!

Advice & Beyond
@Looking_Within

No comments:

Post a Comment