Friday, February 7, 2014

FEB 2014 Writing Challenge - Day 7

Because I have a blog people assume...

I feel myself and my work. I am actually very critical of myself and what I write. When I post something I get so nervous I am almost pushing my close friends to read so they can give me some true feedback.

That's why I am proud of myself, I write about the things that concern me and that I love and I put it out there for the world to see. This is why aspects of this challenge is great for me because I get to let go.

People also assume I am mad creative.  I am not. I try to be insightful and read a lot but I am not creative. I can't make music, I can't draw or decorate. I also cannot write a full story on my own but I am learning.  So if having a blog means I am a work in progress then damn skippy you are right.

People also assume I am 'emo'...I am not. I believe I am fun but I am just expressive.  I try not to keep negative emotions locked in and I also try to be as positive as I can be. Yes I have down days and I will write about it, but that does not make me 'emo'.

People also assume I am very aware of what's happening in the world. I'm actually not.  I should be more aware of the important stuff but for the most part I am not. I am not into politics nor do I follow up on the lives of celebrities.  So if you are expecting a blog about the life of a celeb,  forget it.

I don't know what else people assume and I actually try not to care. I write because it helps me to express myself clearly.  It also keeps me connected to my future,  psychology.  I hope the things I write may touch someone and if it does then that's all that matters.

Advice & Beyond
@Looking_Within

No comments:

Post a Comment