Saturday, February 8, 2014

FEB 2014 Writing Challenge - Day 8

New/Different City...

I don't travel. The most I have done is go to another parish for a day or two but I have never left this small island.

But I find that I have a longing to visit beautiful places,  like other islands or landmarks. Relaxation is my aim when I go on a trip.  I should be able to travel and have fun.

I remember going to Portland with my friends for my boyfriend's birthday and that was such a great experience. To be away from the chaos of my regular life was a blessing. To lay on the beach and feel the cool water on my skin...that is a bit of heaven.

Jamaica is a beautiful place, so trust me when I say that going to Montego Bay, Ocho Rios, Portland or anywhere other than Kingston is an experience for me.

I have promised myself that until I am able to muster the courage to travel internationally, I will try to visit wonderful places on my island.  Places like Tower Isle that has amazing resorts, a mineral bath, a cave, just somewhere different.

Being away from the same scenery can prove to be therapeutic for most. It is that escape you get when you read a book or you listen to a song.

I want to be able to visit islands like Barbados and other countries like England ans Brazil. I need to see more or God's creation...to experience the diversity of His people. That is a great blessing.

So I may not have travelled much, but it is apart of my plan and I will start in my own backyard.

Advice & Beyond
@Looking_Within

No comments:

Post a Comment