Thursday, April 11, 2013

August 26th…Waking Up Heavy


This morning I woke up and fell on my knees to give God thanks for another day. I didn’t go to church today, and honestly it may be because I am afraid of the looks I may get since I haven’t been in a while. But I know at some point I have to get over those fears because who are they to judge me? I know I haven’t been in the place that I want to be, and for that I am willing to work to get back to that place of peace. 
God is good and His mercy is everlasting. I do believe this, and I hope I am able to get to the point where I am good. Where I am able to forgive others. Where I am able to lose all hate and anger. It not only wounds my soul, but it damages my temple.
A lady was on the bus preaching and I found myself lost in her words. The conviction and truth of what she was saying held me close like a blanket in the storm. She was able to open my eyes to what I needed to see. 
I pray I am able to get to the point where I am fulfilling my purpose in God’s name.

No comments:

Post a Comment