Thursday, April 11, 2013

»»»That someone, That something««««


Everyone has that someone or something that they feel they lost, that they can never get back, or make right. Living life in regrets is like walking on a treadmill, you go nowhere.
I know how it feels to want to make things right but it doesn’t seem to work. Honestly, when things go wrong, I always blame myself, even when logically, I know I wasn’t wrong. But I always feel as if I could have done more.
I find that I am more focused on other people than myself. There are a few persons that I no longer talk to, and though I talk a good talk of telling everyone that I don’t give a damn, there isn’t a day that passes and I don’t think to ask these persons how they are doing.
In fact, I have done it on most occasions. What I have found though, is that if people want to talk to you, they will talk to you. People take advantage of those who they see care a lot. So yes, I have stopped trying to make things better. Because if a simple ‘Good Night’ is hard to choke out, then I don’t want to ask you how you have been doing.
It’s not easy, trust me. I still feel guilty and as if I need to do more, as if I can repair the friendship that has been lost. But the truth is that, I can’t. Why? Because they don’t want to, and you can’t force people to care. You can’t control the feelings and actions of other people. I have to remind myself of this everyday.
I have to remind myself that I did my best and I won’t stand for less from anyone else. If I care enough to try very hard, then why can’t you?
Yes, I wasn’t very specific as to the relationships I am referring to, and honestly, it is because it is because of the dissonance I feel about this situation. It is hard for me to fully indulge, because I still fear being judged. 
So remind yourself of this, you deserve the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment