Friday, April 12, 2013

How Will She Ever Keep This a Secret? Part 5


"Babe! Hun, open your eyes!" But he knows, he feels it, she won't open her eyes because she is losing, she is falling apart. "Honey please, fight this, don't let the music end." For a moment he is there, crying silently in dismay, in relief, in utter confusion. Then she opens her eyes, 'I'm trying...' Those words lifted him through the clouds; he knew there and then that they are going to make it.

As she lies on the bed, she finds herself spilling to him all she has been hiding. She shows him her chest and he falls, how could he have been so blind? Is it that he saw and knew but felt it best to pretend not to? She holds his head but it's not the same, it is distant, not comforting...he can't fix this alone.

"How can you love someone and hate them so much? Is that possible? He hurts me to the core when I see him...I am unable to be, think or even breathe. But the moment he looks up I remember the brightness that shun within him, I remember the way his words made me dance. This was not his fault, he did not do this neither did he want this...but somehow he is the only person standing here with blood stains still on his hand. His fingers are marked in my back and on my stomach...he is the one. Tortured inside me, I still feel his being…He listens and watches me as I slip through the cracks of what use to be. He takes the burden of my shell and he decides to carry it...he sees the remnants of what use to be on my skin, but he knows we will get through this...for better, not worse.



No comments:

Post a Comment