Friday, April 12, 2013

Glee…Shooting Stars


Glee…Shooting Stars

Let me just say that this episode was just simply great…you could feel each moment and the emotions that filled it. I wouldn't have called this episode ‘shooting stars’, but ‘Last Chance’.

1.       Cat-fishing: From what I have read, this is a high form of deception because people spend time getting another person to trust them, only to turn out being fake. I really feel it for Ryder because he has obviously invested himself in this on line relationship. I love the way Glee speaks to things that actually happen to people, even if it is not the majority. I have some predictions as to who ‘Katie’ is but its best I not share that.
2.       The shooting…wooow is all I can say. I was standing in front of my TV in awe. I was afraid to breathe because something may happen. In all of it, I was most connected to Brittany and Sam, that moment when Mr. Shue had to cover Sam’s mouth…and Brittany in the bathroom silently crying because none of them know what’s coming. They were literally waiting for salvation, or death. A big thumb up to Heather Morris, I could feel the fear and the anxiety of the unknown in her acting, she was flawless and I really loved how her scene was shot. Brilliant.

3.       Ryder again! My, my, my, that phone ringing inside the choir room that was a twist. But I was upset with Ryder for not turning off the phone before, what if there was someone out there really hurting someone?
4.       Sue: What Sue did for Becky was such a brave and selfless move, Becky wouldn't be able to live that down. You could feel her fear. From what I have heard and read, schools in America are not easy, bullying is so rampant there that there are too many stories to follow. I understand the fear that Becky felt, even if she is a cheerleader, she knows she doesn't ‘fit in’ and that scares her because the world may not be so welcoming. I do believe though that she had that gun before she talked to Brittany.
5.       The music: OF COURSE, LOVED IT! I always love when Sam takes up his guitar and gets to singing, it opens my mind and heart and gives me perspective. Very good Ryan, this show is just…speechless
I know there are some persons who believe that it was unethical for the writers of Glee to do an episode which includes shooting in schools, but I don’t agree. Glee has always been about the controversy and touching on sensitive topics. There are authors who have written about shooting in schools and they did not get such scrutiny. I believe it was an insightful episode which I am glad ended with no one hurt. This is a part of reality; in Jamaica it is stabbing in schools or jungle justice and physical abuse. Someone needs to address the tough topics that are what they did yesterday. Loved this episode almost as much as I loved how the writers of One Tree Hill addressed the topic.

All in all I loved that episode because it was really about holding on to every moment you have because you never know when it will be your last. Show the people around you that you love and care for them. Open yourself to the possibilities of life and forget this living behind a wall idea. Because in the end “it’s better to say too much, then never to say what you need to say again’ – John Mayer, Say (Covered by Glee Cast)


No comments:

Post a Comment