Thursday, April 11, 2013

Every life has a soundtrack… What’s on your playlist?


#1
I love music, that is a fact. I don’t know how someone could not love music. I mean even the deaf try to find ways to feel the melodies and chords. Let him who have the ears to hear, hear. I have the ears and I am hearing.
Now, in the novel I am reading, the main character is a music therapist and she believes every life has a soundtrack; with songs that remind you of a places you have been in your life. Songs that travel in time for emotions you felt and thrust them  upon you. It can be a good or bad experience, but she believes there is a song to uncover that.
So it had me thinking, what songs are on my soundtrack and what do they represent?
1.  We are young by Fun (Cover done by Glee Cast). This song reminds me of my friends, honestly!  (lol). Everytime I hear this song, all the fun times I had with those girls just play back in my mind. Our group has gotten smaller but I still love them so dearly.
I know this isn’t a song about friends but its how it makes me feel. I do believe that ‘we can burn brighter than the sun.’ Let me tell you, my friends are fun, loud, funny, beautiful, intelligent, frustrating, emotional and just absolutely great in their individual ways. I remember all the times at school where we would make videos, have meetings and so many great things.
My friends were there at my mother’s funeral as a support system. They were there when I broke up with my boyfriend at the time for not coming. Even today we were thinking about the time my bestfriend and I made a cover video for ‘Bed by J. Holiday’. Trust me we are cray cray but in the greatest way possible. Those girls were there when I was moody and bitchy. They were there to make me smile when all I wanted to do was just crawl under a rock.
                      ‘so if by the time the bar closes and if you feel like
                           falling down,I’ll carry you home, tonight’
I think everyone deserves to have friends. You may not need a friend to survive but it sure makes surviving better. True friends are there for you no matter what, they are able to admit they were wrong and will alway be willing to apologise for hurting you. 
Like I said, I have lost some along the way and I guess that’s how it is. Some people start the race with you, some join you along the way and sometimes, none of those persons are with you at the finish line. I have come to accept this truth. I have found that life is much easier when we accept the things we cannot control. People leave because they want to and some people just won’t care as much as you do.
ENOUGH of that heavy! (lol) this is about the song that makes me remember the girls that are able to make me laugh until my stomach and head hurts. Who will listen to me vent about things and listen to me talk about psychology. They love me and that’s what matters. 
                 ’Tonight we are young. So let’s set the world on fire,
                                   we can burn brighter than the sun.’

No comments:

Post a Comment